Have you felt it? The slight change in the air? The hint of a cool breeze predicting the end of a long, hot summer?
We have! And to honor this special time of year we present the Schnitzelburg Oktoberfest!!
Oktoberfest is a time to gather with your community and raise a glass in celebration. In this spirit, we are very excited to present this recipe in partnership with the Schnitzelburg Area Community Council. (www.Schnitzelburg.org)
20% of the profits from every Oktoberfest kit sold will be reinvested into our community through the Council's many economic projects and programs.
We'll drink to that! PROST!!!
Rich Amber (30 SRM), 5.9% ABV, 12 IBU
Our Recipe Kit Includes:
- Malts: 1 lb Vienna Malt, 0.50 lb Munich Malt, 0.25 lb Wheat Malt, 0.12 lb Special Roast, 0.12 lb Brown Malt (always freshly milled to order and immediately vacuum sealed for premium quality)
- 5 lbs of Pilsner Dry Malt Extract or 6 lbs Pilsner Malt, 2 lbs Munich Malt
- Hops: 1 oz Northern Brewer, 1 oz Hallertau
- Yeast: 2 pack of Saflager W-34/70 Yeast
- 5 oz Priming Sugar
- ~70 bottle caps
- Step-By-Step Brewday Instructions (download below)